miércoles, 18 de octubre de 2017

Paula Sánchez - Week 5

First of all, I have had zero working experiences until now, so I do not have any specific knowledge about any kind of job, just general information. Having said this, I believe I do not think of a particular job as the worst ever, but there are certain aspects that can help me discern between jobs that I would enjoy and others that I would not. For example, I would like to have a job in which I do not have to stand all the time, a job in which I could have my own bureau to traduce documents, TV shows, films etc, not a job in which I have to face the public and stand the whole day. I would be totally fine as long as a I do not have to speak every day to lots of people, since I really dislike it.

Imagen relacionada

Regarding job conditions decades ago, I asked my grandmother, who is 82 years old, to let me know about them. And what she told was that she has had only one job in her life, and it was as a waitress at a café in Córdoba. She has had only one job since women "could not" work when they got married, since during those years it was believed that men had to be the ones to bring money to their homes. So, she told me that her job conditions were correct. The café was clean and nice, and her boss was also a nice person. In fact, when she got married he lamented to lose her, since she was so good at her job that he felt no one could replace her. But she has also told me this was her case, there were many people in poor conditions and getting low wages.
Taking in account was she has told me, I cannot see any pro of older job conditions since many were low waged and in bad conditions. And even though she was lucky and could take advantage of a good job, nowadays the same job is higher remunerated and developped in better conditions, since we now have more rights as workers. Personally, I am happy I was born not so long ago so I can aim for a proper job and achive my goals.

Lastly, what I have done to improve my English is to attent my classes and watch TV shows in their native language, which is English. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Transparent Sexy Pink Heart