sábado, 21 de octubre de 2017

Isabel Martínez Puche (Week 5)



Write a text describing your worst job. Upload pictures if you find them, or a drawing on your own of that particular job.

I would not want to be doing a job that I do not like. Regarding the situation we are now in terms of job search I know that is not an easy task and the priority would be to find a job, but if I could decide, I would choose a job that makes me happy. What makes me happy? Well I like to help people and I want to end up doing something that contributes positively to society. Also I would like to work in a secure work ambient, both physically and mentally. There are many jobs nowadays with still terrible conditions even people dying while working because of this. It is important as well that the job does not damage your mental health. Sometimes works put people in situations with too much stress, that have to be supervised too. Summing up, my worst job would be one that puts my health at risk and one that does not motivate me. I am afraid of being trapped in a job I do not feel well with, since it is something that I am supposed to do until I retire.

Ask your grandparents or any other relative over 65 about job conditions when they where young and discuss pros and cons.

What I have been told is that the conditions were very bad. My grandfather for example worked for too many hours and that affected his relationship with his family, since he could not spend many time with them. My grandmother as well had been working since she was a kid, and when she grew up and had kids had to manage to do the housework at the same time. It is true that “men jobs” have always been considered harder than “women jobs” but people tend to forget that due to the thinking that women are obligated to take the role of housewife as well, they had to double their work. Job conditions have been improving along the years but these situations I explained are still present in today’s society. Even though there has been an improvement, conditions should keep getting better for the future generations.

All you have done this week to improve and learn English

This week I have kept reading as I do all the weeks and since most of the subjects are taught in the English language, that also helps to improve my level. I would like to say that I have done more things to improve my English but sadly my time is limited and I do not have the time to do everything I want to do.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Transparent Sexy Pink Heart