viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2017

Anastasia Oplakanets Week 1: What do yo do to improve your writing in English?

I am that kind of a person who improves her writing through entertainment. Personally, I have never been the one who sits at her desk studying english for hours. From my point of view studying should not be boring or exhauting.I think people develop skills in foreign language writing when they do simple and common activities such as listening music or reading books. In my case, I have always loved listening to songs and reading, these two are definitely my passion. I must confess that reading a whole book in another language is very challenging but at the end is more that worth of it. Not only vocabulary can be learnt but also new structures, native expressions, etc.
Many years ago I started to surf the Internet looking for my favourite songs' lyrics, wondering what was that the singer sang. I also loved going through YouTube comments, which is something that I consider truly amusing and funny. This curiosity pushed me to learn without even trying hard, I have learnt unconsciously lots of new vocabulary words and how to express myself better not only at writing, but also at speaking. Added to this, my english lessons at school and university had helped a lot, plus the fact that not so long ago I started reading books in english, which is still quite frustrating sometimes but everytime I do so I learn different things and that is my compensation. Although everytime I write in english it takes a long time before I consider it well written, I am trying to make of it something more natural.Of course there is still a lot of work to do and many things to improve but at the moment I am really happy with my writing skilks.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Transparent Sexy Pink Heart