viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2017

Paula Sánchez (Week 1)

HOW I IMPROVE MY WRITING

By trying to improve my writing I regularly write in English, either it is on a piece of paper or on my mobile phone. For instance, when I'm on my phone I tend to communicate in English, since I know many people from abroad and that is the only way we can understand each other. In doing so, I learn both, new structures and vocabulary, since I practice it every day and my brain kind of gets used to the incoming information. And I must say it is a really practical and interesting way of improving one's writing without being stuck in front of a text book.

Moreover, I believe that reading books in English can also be a useful tool for learning more and more English. In my case, I have to say that I have not read a big amount of books in English, but regarding the few I have read, I can state that they provided me many new words I can now put in practice. Some of those words are  not everyday words, but they definitely will be useful at some point. From my viewpoint, learning new vocabulary is essential, and another way apart from reading books is following vocabulary accounts on Twitter, for instance. What those accounts do, is upload many interesting words everyday along with its meaning and a sentence containing that word. Should I want to learn new vocabulary, I look for that accounts and note those words down to add them to my own English vocabulary.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Transparent Sexy Pink Heart