lunes, 4 de diciembre de 2017

Anastasia Oplakanets: Week 11 (You live and learn)

Studying abroad?

This Week's assignment is to find out different online ads on studying abroad opportunities and make comments on the convenience of getting involved, trying to use participle clauses.







My opinion about abroad studies is very positive. Thinking about it, I would not go studying abroad partly because of cowardy, but mostly because there are too many obstacles and things that tie me strongly to Murcia. Although I'm not sad about it and I have never been, I love Spain and I love my city so staying here is absolutely fine by me.
I think studying abroad has countless advantages but countless disadvantages too. People always say good things about studying or working abroad and they are right but that doesn't mean that people do not have to sacrifice a lot of thing to do so. Yes, it is a great life long experience, you meet new people, people with different cultures and customs, languages, opinions, etc., your mind opens up and your personal growth is inmense; but you also leave behind your family, friends, your home, your whole life. Of course you will make new friends and have a new home but the new ones cannot replace the old ones.
In my opinion it takes determination and strong will to live or even study abroad. Not everything is good and rainbow about it as people make it look, especially at an emotional level, but if you really want to you can do anything so these things don't have to stop you from achieving whatever you want. Taking the previous disadvantages into account, in this moment I wouldn't travel abroad to study nor to live, but in the future I am sure I will.


This past weekend I went to a wedding but unfortunately I did not know many people there and one of my relatives introduced me to a very nice Australian couple. We talked a lot during the night and I really enjoyed their company. Although they were a bit difficult to understand because they talked very fast, plus they had an unusual accent. After I went home I realised that it was a great experience that improved my English skills.

  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Transparent Sexy Pink Heart